- Stewart, British Columbia
- Up $120,00 Plus Benefits - Depending on Experience
- January 18, 2023
- February 18, 2023
- Mining and Metals
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, and empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
KSMCo Gold Inc.’s (KSMCo) Kerr-Sulphurets-Mitchell (KSM) Property involves the development of major gold-copper deposits located in northwest British Columbia (BC) off Highway 37, approximately 65 km by air north-northwest of the ice-free Port of Stewart, BC. The Property is situated within the coastal mountains of BC, approximately 30 km topographically up-gradient of the Alaska-BC border.
Reporting to the Site HSS Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible to assist in managing the Health, Safety & Security (HSS) function to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSS related concerns. These concerns include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the safe productivity of the Company’s employees.
- Provide guidance, assistance and advice to Construction management, and Contractor organizations through interpretation of Company HSS practices and procedures in relation to client requirements and current legislation and regulations
- Make decisions independently relative to HSS activities
- Supervise the implementation of HSS programs, including project site-based HSS orientation, recognition and awards programs, to all levels of project staff to promote a balance between productivity and the safety of project staff and visitors in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide field support to Construction Management and Contractors through attending toolboxes, safety meetings, formal and informal inspections.
- Run gap analyses to identify and address program gaps that may occur between Company practices, client requirements, and regulatory/legislative requirements in order to confirm that the project conforms to Company, client and regulatory/legislative requirements
- Initiate, foster and maintain HSS standards and goals through Company and/or project wide HSS programs to heighten awareness and promote a safe and productive work environment
- Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements:
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and six (6) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to ten (10) years if non-degreed;
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements:
• Continue education and knowledge of industry-wide HSE-related information and technologies as well as new regulations and trends through continuing education, conferences, and/or periodicals, and continues to develop in-depth specialization
• May serve as a Company representative to external HSE organizations
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
• Skills demonstrating the capability to run a medium to large project
• A knowledge of and ability with leadership skills including mediation skills
• High critical thinking/reasoning ability
• Strong presentation skills including public speaking
• Strong organizational skills
• A valid driver’s license
The successful candidate will be required to work a 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off schedule, 16 and 12 rotation due to paid travel days.
While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.