HSE Administrative Assistant
- Stewart, British Columbia
- Up to $65,000 - Depending on Experience
- January 18, 2023
- February 18, 2023
- Mining and Metals
- Administrative and Clerical
- Contract Type
- Full Time
HSE Administrative Assistant
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, and empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
KSMCo Gold Inc.’s (KSMCo) Kerr-Sulphurets-Mitchell (KSM) Property involves the development of major gold-copper deposits located in northwest British Columbia (BC) off Highway 37, approximately 65 km by air north-northwest of the ice-free Port of Stewart, BC. The Property is situated within the coastal mountains of BC, approximately 30 km topographically up-gradient of the Alaska-BC border.
Reporting to the Site HSS Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to manage the Health, Safety & Security (HSS) administrative functions. The HSS Administrator will be expected to gather health safety security and environment (HSSE) data and design reports that communicate performance to a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate will work closely with team leaders and subject matter experts from across the business unit to evaluate the data extract learnings and create reports that help the company learn from incidents and reduce risk.
- Performs duties of a highly confidential nature; requiring initiative, judgment, and knowledge of company practice, policy and organization. Assists in routine administrative details, with general department/division administration Supports the HSS department Gathers information/data on site conditions at the assigned project area Extract data from databases Prepares and submits records, reports, and required documents to the area's HSS Supervisor as requested by the HSS Manager. Assists with orientation program for project employees Performs other duties as agreed and assigned by supervisor
Basic Job Requirements:
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, province, and federal statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Five plus (5+) years of project HSS admin experience
Other Job Requirements:
• Participate in department meetings, training, and functions
• Contribute to and promote the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
- High School Diploma or equivalent appropriate General Certificates of Secondary Education or global equivalent preferred Strong computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic presentations Strong organizational skills Basic interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal HSE knowledge/background
The successful candidate will be required to work a 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off schedule, 16 and 12 rotation due to paid travel days.
While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.