Site Wide Services Superintendent
- Stewart, British Columbia
- $135,000 Plus Benefits
- February 3, 2023
- February 17, 2023
- Mining and Metals
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, and empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
KSM Mining ULC -Kerr-Sulphurets-Mitchell (KSM) Property involves the development of major gold-copper deposits located in northwest British Columbia (BC) off Highway 37, approximately 65 km by air north-northwest of the ice-free Port of Stewart, BC. The Property is situated within the coastal mountains of BC, approximately 30 km topographically up-gradient of the Alaska-BC border.
The purpose of this position is to oversee and direct the performance of all field activities for Site Wide Services. Reporting to the KSM Site Wide Service Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to lead the Site Wide Services on our KSM Mining ULC project.
• Oversee on-site contractor labour support
• Site wide construction and renovation projects
• Logistics support for on-site construction projects
• Site wide coordination of road maintenance and repairs
• Coordinate common area dewatering efforts
• Active participant coordinating construction site Traffic Control to the BC MoT standard (Traffic Control Person training would be an asset)
• Engaged in overall site logistics activities related to roadway Traffic Flow Management
• Buildings and grounds support services
• Provide orientation and training for all new crew members
• Conduct regular HS&E weekly inspections, safety talks and review tasks on JHA, SOPs with each crew member
• Work and collaborate with KSM HSS&E and Management Team on all HS&E programs, training
• Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to by all contractors in all projects to meet regulatory & legal requirements, site policies and procedures
• Ensure company-wide safe working practices are always implemented and adhered to within our Site Services Team’s operations
• Develop and implement long term facilities plans for the project to include planned preventative maintenance programs for all facility related aspects of site operations (equipment, vehicles, gen sets, and any support equipment)
• Review equipment maintenance program and develop strategy, log data, and maintain in-line with asset register
• Investigate and assist in resolving operational issues with overall site KSM and Contractor teams
• Oversee ticketed trades for all site facilities
• Develop site services budgets and control costs
• Provide project plans and reports as necessary and submit daily and monthly reports for Management
• Other duties as assigned my management Basic Job Requirements :
• Craft certification, training, and experience appropriate for assignment scope; directly related experience equal to thirteen (13) years; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
The successful candidate will be required to work a 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off schedule, 16 and 12 rotation due to two paid travel days.
Fluor Canada rewards hard work, knowledge, and commitment. Fluor offers competitive employee compensation packages, comprehensive benefit programs including Health, Dental and Vision Care, flexible spending dollars, group registered retirement program, parental top-up, education reimbursement, employee and family assistance programs, and much more. Fluor also offers several employee resource groups that aim to provide opportunities for professional and personal growth, improved wellness, and involvement in the community.
While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
February 17th 2023